Friday, June 1, 2007

Playing catch-up

I've been a little remiss lately on keeping my 2 or 3 loyal readers up to date on all the exciting things that go on around here. So, here's a brief update. We started Noah on rice cereal a couple of weeks ago, and like most things in his life, he was quite agreeable to it. Since then he's had carrots, avacado, and green beans. He liked all of them, although the green beans seemed to upset his tummy (there was poop galore after his two dinners of green beans.) I've also been giving him a sippy cup of water with his dinner, and, oddly enough, he really doesn't like it. I thought at first it might be that it was cold, so I let the water come to room temperature, but that didn't seem to help. Go figure . . . he loves plain, mashed-up avacado but won't drink water!
Here's a funny Luke story. When Luke can't rember a word, he'll substitue a word that sounds similar. For example, he went to a gymnastics party a couple of weeks ago, and he told everyone he bounced on a tambourine (instead of a trampoline.) The day after Noah had avacado, Luke asked if he could help me feed him his matata (I assume from the song "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King). So, that was the big joke while my mom was here. Noah sure loved his matata! Here are a few pictures of Luke & Mimi feeding Noah the infamous matata.

A funny new Lukeism . . . this morning during one of my MANY conversations with Luke, he looked at me and said, "Are you serious?" He asked Gary the same thing later in the day, and at dinner after I told him he could have dessert, he said, "Is it a joke, or are you serious?" Too funny!

I just wanted to include this picture of Mimi with her boys.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray a new blog. Thanks for all the fun things you put in this one. Love all the things Luke says. He is a character. The pictures are all so good, especially the one of Mimi with her boys.