Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sleeper

I know I'm totally jinxing myself by writing about this, but Noah has been quite the sleeper the past two days. Yesterday he took three naps - the first was two hours, and the other two were an hour and a half. Keep in mind that at this age Luke never napped for more than 30 minutes at a stretch. Noah was pretty much doing the same thing with a longer nap thrown in every now and again. After 30 minutes I don't get involved in much because I just assume he's going to wake up at any moment. So imagine my surprise when he kept sleeping! He took another two-hour nap again today. I'm sure he'll never do it again, but it was nice to have a bit of a break (although Luke was wide awake during most of those times, so "break" is stretching it a bit.)

While I'm on the subject of Noah and sleeping, here are a couple of funny little stories. 1)We keep several pacifiers in the bed so we can grab one if we need to in the middle of the night. Yesterday during one of Noah's marathon naps, he went to sleep with a blue & white pacy in his mouth and woke up sucking on a Gamecock pacy. I guess he felt the need to pull for the baseball team even in his sleep. He switched pacifiers again when I went to check on him last night, and Gary and I had a good chuckle over it. 2)Late this afternoon when I was trying to get him to take a nap, he was really fussing in his crib. When I went to check on him, he was on his tummy and didn't quite know what to do. He's been sleeping on his side but hadn't flipped to his tummy in the crib. I flipped him over, but he did it again and fussed some more. After I flipped him the second time, he started laughing and smiling, so I gave up on the idea of a nap. I can just imagine him lying in the bed and thinking, "Hmmm . . . I think I'd be much more comfortable on my tummy with my Gamecock pacy in my mouth. Can't wait to see the look on Mommy's face when she comes in!"

No comments: