Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A few new Luke stories

Yesterday during one of my MANY conversations with Luke, he told me his finger hurt and that he had prayed to God to make it better but God hadn't done it yet. I then had the challenging task of explaining the idea of God's time versus our time (a concept I still struggle with). I'm not sure he quite got it, but I still think it's sweet that Luke prayed for God to make his finger feel better.

This evening while he was in the bath, Luke asked me to say a special prayer for him so that God would make his cough go away. I thought he meant right there on the spot, but he meant after we said our prayers before bed. So we said a special prayer for him and for Noah, both of whom have a cold or allergies or something that's making them cough and sneeze and just in general be gunky.

Luke has recently started telling me about his dreams. I guess he's actually dreaming and remembering them, because the stories he tells me are really crazy. He had a dream with the Backyardigans (a TV show he likes), and he also had a dream with his friend Landon in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blog. It brought tears to my eyes when I remember that he isn't 4 years old yet and he already has a strong faith in God. Thanks for sharing these precious moments with us.