Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Pop culture

Those who are closest to me know that I'm a reality TV junkie. If it's reality TV, I'm probably watching it. One of my favorite shows is American Idol, and I look forward to each new season. Last year, Luke happened to watch a few minutes of just a couple of episodes, so when I mentioned that it was coming back on, he was very excited. I didn't let him watch the audition episodes because the language can be kind of PG-13, but now that we're in the top 24, he's a regular watcher. He knows what days it comes on, and this morning he started jumping around saying, "It's American Idol day! It's American Idol day!" He does this every time we watch it, too. He understands the basic concept, that people sing and then some go home if everyone doesn't like their songs. He loves TV about as much as I do and has been known to watch cooking shows, even when I'm not in the room, just because they're on; so it's no wonder he likes American Idol. So, you know where my son and I will be at 8/7 central tonight, tomorrow night, and Thursday night. Here's hoping our favorites make the top 12!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny. I, too, have become an American Idol far. Never watched it before but now look forward to it. I'm hoping Chris from Greenville will do better next week and make the top 12. Tell Luke I'll be watching with you two.

Anonymous said...

Like the new look. It's funny what they pick up on; even though I don't let him watch it (because I'm not ready to explain some of the things on the news), Drew knows who Matt Lauer and Al Roker are. The other day Tom had watched the local sports (shocker!!) on WIS and left the TV on. Drew came running in to tell us that President Bush was on TV. It was Brian Williams. Two for three!