Monday, March 19, 2007

Baptism

We had Noah baptized yesterday. It was such a special day. My mom was able to come out for the baptism, and it was wonderful to have family there. He wore the same outfit Luke wore, which is also the outfit my nephew Ethan wore. We have a blanket that my mom, my sister, her children, Luke, & I all used when we were baptized, so it's quite sentimental.
Noah was so good; we didn't hear a peep out of him the whole time, even when Pastor John put the water on his head. (His brother screamed the whole time, so we were prepared for the worst and were pleasantly surprised.) We had a few friends over after church for lunch, and it was nice to visit with them for a while.
Pastor John introduces Noah to the congregation.


Getting sprinkled.

We told Pastor John that Noah would probably spit up on him, and after he gave Noah back to me he said, "See, he didn't throw up on me like you said he would." Then he looked at the congregation and said, "But you notice that I held him towards you all instead of towards me." He's such a comedian!

The yummy cake at the lunch (no, I didn't make it, so don't ask if I did!)

No comments: