Sunday, December 31, 2006

A mother's love

I've heard other moms express concerns about whether they'd be able to love a second child as much as the first one, and I have to admit I felt the same concern. It fills me with wonder that my heart has expanded and that I can love Noah as much as I do. Parents with more than one child understand this and know that their love for their first child doesn't diminish in any way when the second one comes along, it simply increases to include the second child. Having Noah makes me appreciate Luke and all that he can do, and it makes me reminisce about when Luke was a baby. It's hard for me to believe he's as old as he is and that one day Noah will be running around and talking and being silly. I am so thankful for my two healthy boys. I love you, Luke & Noah.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blog. I understand how you felt - that you couldn't see how you could love the 2nd child as much as the first. Funny how it all works out. My heart jumps for joy when I see each new blog. How wonderful it will be to see Noah grow as we did with Luke. Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

I remember sitting in Mary Des' room the day she was born and having that uncertain feeling hit me like a freight train. But, thankfully, God made our hearts to expand exponentially! I'm sure that getting to know Luke as "big brother" is quite a blessing. And, Noah's cheeks, I mean, how do you not kiss them all day? They definitely qualify as "pillows for the lips!"