Monday, December 11, 2006

The final countdown

It's hard to believe, but one week from today we'll officially meet Baby Chumley #2. In retrospect, the time has absolutely flown; however, the day-to-day is dragging by. Not only am I anxious to meet this baby and see who he or she is, I'm ready not to be pregnant anymore! I'm having all the usual aches, pains, and discomforts of late pregnancy, and I'm pretty tired of all my clothes not fitting because they're now too small. So, I'm looking forward to getting a somewhat normal body back in the next couple of weeks.

Luke has been excited about the baby, but in the past couple of week he's started to have some issues. He only wants me to do things for him, from helping him go potty to washing his hands to giving him a bath. He says several times a day that he just wants to stay with me and asks me not to leave, and he's even started asking his teachers at school when I'll be there to pick him up (something he's never done before.) I know he's anxious and doesn't really know how to express that feeling, so we're giving him some grace on this. But it's still pretty exhausting to be this pregnant and have to squat down to give a 3-year-old a bath.

Except for the nausea for the first 5 months or so, this pregnancy hasn't been very difficult (excluding the difficulties of actually being pregnant and also being the mother of a 3-year-old boy.) But nine months is enough, and I'm looking forward to the next phase of my life, mother of two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Hurry up and get here, Baby Chumley!