Sunday, December 3, 2006

Journey to Bethlehem


Every year our church has a family event called Journey to Bethlehem. It starts with a pancake breakfast which is followed by crafts and a few songs sung by the children's choir. The youth perform a short musical to end the event. We were all involved this year. I'm on the children's ministry team, so I helped set up the day before, Gary got to church at 6:30 to flip pancakes, and Luke sang. I got a little teary when he was singing because I just couldn't believe he was old enough to be on the stage singing. He actually sang most of the songs & did some of the motions - something which really surprised Gary & me. He really enjoyed watching the youth during their performance, too. It was a wonderful way to start the Advent season.

Yummy!


Making crafts

The performer

No comments: