Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Eve






I love Christmas Eve - running last minute errands, getting ready for church, singing "Silent Night" with everyone holding a candle - the whole day is special. This year was fun because Luke was so excited about Santa. After church we had a nice dinner with our neighbors, and then we came home and Luke opened a present - Christmas PJ's (Gary got some, too, this year, and they both looked pretty cute in them!) After Luke's bath we read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and the Christmas story from the Bible, then we put out cookies and milk for Santa. Luke wanted to leave him some water and orange juice, too, just in case he was extra thirsty. I had been looking forward to putting out all the presents and setting up the train - I think Gary and I were as excited about that train as we knew Luke would be when he saw it! I've always loved this time of year, but it has even more meaning when you have a child to share it with.

No comments: