Thursday, September 2, 2010

*Sigh*

OK, so I'm thinking blogging just may not be for me. I really have the best intentions to update more regularly, but I don't and then I get so far behind that the thought of catching up is overwhelming. So I don't, and then I get even farther behind. And more overwhlemed. I really don't want to give up my blog, but I don't have another answer. I guess for now I'll just post things when I can and will have to give myself a little grace in the mean time.

I survived the summer. And when I say survive, I really mean survive. We did have a lot of fun this summer, and in retrospect, it doesn't seem that bad, but man alive, we had some rough days. Days when no one wanted to share or get along. Days when the fighting and screaming started at 7:15. Days when we were stuck inside and almost went stir-crazy. But there were fun times mixed in.
We spent two weeks in South Carolina. It was great to see family as it always is, but I really enjoyed our week in Columbia. I got to see some of the super folks I used to teach with, and I got to spend a few hours with my friend Ellen. I'm a regular reader of her blog, and I told her that being in her house and meeting her children made me feel like I had stepped into a story I had been reading. It was a special morning.
Luke and Ellen's son Drew...they became fast friends.
The two weeks were ended with my 20th high school reunion. What a blast! Thank goodness for Facebook or I wouldn't have recognized several people I graduated with. But as a whole, I'd have to say that TL Hanna's Class of 1990 still looks pretty darn good!

A few of my fabulous classmates

There have been birthdays...Luke turned 7 and I turned...well, I graduated 20 years ago, so you do the math! Luke celebrated several times -- once with my in-laws in Columbia, on his actual birthday with my family in Greenville, and again at his party when we got home. I only celebrated once, but I had a good day on my birthday.

One of Luke's many birthday celebrations.

Decorations courtesy of Gary

Now it's September, Luke is in second grade, and Noah starts preschool on Tuesday. The college football season officially starts tonight (go Gamecocks!), soccer starts next Saturday, and before we know it Halloween, and then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas will be here. Maybe when Noah starts back to school and I have a little more quiet time around the house I'll be better about updating this silly little blog. Don't hold your breath, but I really will try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i say have some grace and let it be whatever is fun for you! you definitely won't want to do it if you feel all kinds of pressure.

what sweet words to say! i had such a great time visiting with YOU! i was wishing we didn't have to end it so soon! thank you for making time for me!!

Nana said...

I don't think you should berate yourself for not blogging often. I know everything you put on it but you have such a way with words and it is fun to read your blogs. It was wonderful to get to see you twice this summer. Serendipity!!
I hope you will enjoy your 3 days of freedom come next week. Hugs to all the Chumleys.