Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's July already?!?

Well once again I'm so far behind on my blog that I don't have any idea how I can catch up. April seems like a long time ago, and I can't believe it's been that long since I posted anything. I wish I could find a personal assistant who would blog for me...any takers?

I'm sitting here on a rainy Saturday afternoon listening to my boys play together...nicely. This rarely happens. I try to enjoy these quiet moments when they do happen because all too quickly there will be noise and fighting and mischief and chaos. We have survived 5 weeks of summer. Some days are fun and good and enjoyable. Others are not. I've tried to structure our days a bit so there's time for all of us to play together, time for the boys to play by themselves, and a little bit of rest time sprinkled in for good measure. We have done some crafts, run lots of errands, been to the pool quite a bit, enjoyed our week at VBC, been to the splash pad, wrestled, played the Wii, made forts, played in the sprinkler, been to the library almost weekly, been to a waterpark and a hotel, laughed, cried, and relaxed.

What else? Luke lost another bottom tooth and his other front tooth and is an official snaggle-tooth now. Noah is completely potty-trained, even at night. Luke finished first grade with flying colors. I am planning Luke's 7th birthday party and beginning to think about packing for our trip to South Carolina. My camera broke and I got a BRIGHT PINK one to replace it. We bought brand new, real-live adult bedroom furniture. Our refrigerator is on its last legs. *Sigh*
I guess that's all for now. Hopefully I'll post something again before the end of the summer, but don't be surprised if I don't.

1 comment:

Nana said...

What a nice surprise to find a new blog. However, I don't want you to feel bad because you don't post regularly. I know your life is very busy and other things are more important. I love seeing the boy's pictures. How they are growing. Looking forward to 7-16 when you will be here and I can hug and kiss all of you. See you soon. Hugs.