Friday, April 20, 2007

Desserts with Dad

Last night was "Desserts with Dad" at Luke's school. The kids got to wear their PJ's. First the dads went to their children's classrooms and saw all that they've been working on recently. Then they headed to another room for story time. Gary volunteered to read a story, and as far as I know, it went pretty well. Then they had cookies & milk. Luke made several things for Gary including a fill-in-the-blank story called "All About My Daddy". It's quite funny -

My Daddy's name is Gary. He is 5 feet tall and weighs 30 pounds. His hair color is black and his eyes are brown. Even though he is 35 years old, he still looks good! When I am at school he works a lot. What my Daddy does at work he calls people to come and work. Daddy and I like to take a bubble bath. I love my Daddy because I like to take bubble baths.


I've shared my son's affinity for bubble baths, but why he chose that as the thing he and Gary do is beyond me (Gary has never actually taken a bath with him!) Anyway, it's pretty cute. They also took pictures in a man's shirt and tie and made a picture frame for it and painted a change holder for them. The kids had drawn a picture that the dads had to pick out as being their child's. Gary had no problem doing this since Luke draws about 147 pictures for us every day.


As I was reading the story last night and looking at all the things Luke made, I got a little teary because it was so sweet. I asked Gary if he liked it all and if he cried. He said, "Yeah, it's neat. But I didn't cry. None of the dads cried." Figures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blog. I just loved the things Luke wrote about Gary. So glad Gary was able to go to Desserts with Dad. "Out of the mouths of babes" surely is appropriate. Thanks for all your blogs. I just love them.