Monday, April 2, 2007

Bragging rights

I know I've talked way too much about how smart Luke is, but it's true! He continues to amaze Gary and me. Here's the latest example.

Last week the children in Luke's class had to trace the hands of everyone in their family to put on a big paper cross because they were learning that Jesus died for everyone. We traced our hands and Luke wanted to write our names on them. He wrote "Mommy" on mine, and I said we should probably put my name on it since everyone's would say "Mommy"; he was clever enough to figure out that we could put "Luke's Mommy" and that would clear up the confusion. So he labeled the hands "Luke's Mommy", "Luke's Daddy", "Luke", and "Noah" (Noah's looked pretty funny, but we got it done.) Anyway, all this to say that tonight he was drawing a picture for Gary, and he wrote "Luke's Daddy" on it because the drawing was indeed for Luke's Daddy. He remembered how to write "Luke's" and how to spell Daddy. He also knows how to spell Mommy, Erin, Noah, Price, Ella, and Luke Chumley.


After I showed Gary the apostrophe "s" Luke had written, he labeled him a future English major; I reminded him, however, that this is the same child who still says things like "much more easier", "goodest", and, of all things, "correctest". Gary then said, "Well, he is half mine!"

Thanks for tolerating yet another report on my son's smarts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't fault you for bragging about Luke. He is truly a very smart child and he is amazing. Wish I was going to be around to see where life leads him. I know he will be a great influence on Noah and will teach him so much. H blesses our lives.