Monday, December 15, 2008

My favorite things

In honor of my friend Ellen who came up with the idea for this blog, I present some of my favorite things.This ornament has been on our Christmas tree for as long as I can remember. I don't know where it came from, but it's one of my favorites, and I'm so glad I inherited it. I always put it on the front of the tree so when I'm looking at the ornaments I can find it and think about my mom and Nana and the wonderful Christmases we had when I was young.
Another little gem I inherited. We also have Woodstock, Linus, Charlie Brown, & Schroeder. Again, I don't know where these came from, but they've been a part of Christmas since I was little.
I love my stocking because my Nana made it when I was little, and I use it every year. I also love Santa's pink mittens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it! so glad you did this, too.

Nana said...

What a precious blog. It brought tears to my eyes. I think I bought the Peanuts ornaments when you and Cari were little. The angel ornament was mine and I'm glad you inherited it. And the stocking was made with love for my precious Bitsy. Hugs and kisses.