Saturday, December 13, 2008

Elfred

Here are a few of Elfred's recent hangouts:On the light above our kitchen tableLuke took this picture
This is by far my favorite, and I have to give credit to Gary because he's the one who put him there.

One day this week I put the elf in Luke's room. Luke told me he was a little afraid when he woke up and saw the elf looking at him, but he apparently got over it. He loves to tell his friends next door where the elf is every morning, and anyone who comes over is immediately ushered to Elfred's current spot. About a week ago, Luke decided he wanted a Rubik's cube, and he walked right over to Elfred and told him. I think Elfred got the word to Santa because Luke is indeed getting a Rubik's cube for Christmas.

I was telling my sister last week about our elf, and she told me about some people at her church who also have an elf, but their elf is bad. He "tells" the parents to do destructive things like dismantle their Christmas tree, and the parents do it. When the children wake up each morning, they see whatever bad thing the elf has done overnight. This is very weird. To me the whole point of the elf is to get your kids to behave better, not become more destructive. I'm not sure what kind of crazy parents would take down their Christmas tree, but rest assured, if Elfred ever does something like that, he'll be out on his tiny, squishy behind before you can say, "Bad elf".

No comments: