Friday, January 6, 2006

Potty progress

I recently realized that Luke needs to sit on the potty more than once a day before bathtime. So, about a week or so ago I started asking him to sit on the potty 3 or 4 times a day, and he readily agreed each time (which is in and of itself progress, because until about 2 months ago he didn't want to sit on the potty at all.) He started pee-peeing almost every time he sat down, and just now, for the first time, he told me he needed to sit on the potty again. He got his pants and diaper down all by himself, and he sat on the potty and went! I was so pleased, and so was he. I realize this is a very small step on the road to being potty-trained, but I really feel like we're starting to make some progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! I found with Drew that every time he went on the potty there was more motivation there was to go again!

Anonymous said...

Oops, didn't proofread my comment too well!

Erin said...

I think that's what's happening with Luke, too. The more he goes on the potty, the more he wants to go. It's so exciting to see him getting it!