Monday, January 23, 2006

My getaway

Last weekend I went to a scrapbooking retreat with my two friends Adriane and Wendy at a Christian camp called Pine Cove out in east Texas. Wendy has gone several times, and Adriane was gung-ho when she heard about it last year, but I really didn't want to go. But the more I thought about a whole weekend away, the better it sounded. So, I took the plunge and signed up, and I'm so glad I did. We had a wonderful weekend! Although most of the time is focused on scrapbooking, there are many more things to do. Since it's a Christian camp, there was a devotion at every meal, and we had a short worship time Saturday night. All three of us had chair massages on Saturday, and Adriane and I even went horseback riding Saturday afternoon (I'll post pictures when I get them from Adriane.) We all made good progress on our scrapbooks, although sadly I'm still two years behind. Oh well, at least it gives me a goal to work towards! All in all, it was so very much fun, and we're already looking forward to going next year.

No comments: