Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Girlfriends

Last weekend several girls from my bible study went to San Antonio to the Living Proof Live conference. This is the third year I've heard Beth Moore speak, and I think it was the best yet. The music was phenomenal - I love Travis Cottrell! The theme for the weekend focused on Psalm 16: 5-6:
"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."
I am always amazed at how inspired Beth is when she speaks. It's incredible how she weaves together verses from both the old and new testaments to help make her point. The idea that has stayed with me the most is that not only will I receive an inheritance from God, I am part of His inheritance.

Jeanie, Adriane, Laurie, Shannon, Sandra, Becky, Gretchen, Charlotte, me, Wendy

Because the seats aren't reserved, you have to get in line REALLY early if you want to be anywhere near the stage. We were in line at 6:30 Saturday morning (the doors opened at 7:30 and the conference started at 8:30.) We would have been there even earlier except it was raining, and none of us is that die-hard. Is that the sunrise in the background? I believe it is . . . hence the need for big ol' coffees.

About 30 minutes after we got to the convention center, we looked to the left and saw the most beautiful rainbow. If that isn't a sign, I don't know what is!

Dinner at Casa Rio on the Riverwalk.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Such good pictures of you and all your precious friends. It warms my heart to see all these fine young women and their devotion to the Lord. The rainbow was spectacular. God's blessings on all of you to send it. Glad you had such a good time. Hugs to you.