Saturday, April 8, 2006

More Luke-isms

Here are a few more of the funny things my child says . . .

-One of his favorite words is "probably". He uses it ALL the time!
Question: "Do you want a snack?"
Answer: "Um . . . probably."

-He's also started using "maybe" and often substitutes it for "probably".
Question: "Should we take Molly outside and play with her?"
Answer: "Maybe."

-He uses the word "awfully", but in a funny way.
Question: "Do you want to build blocks?"
Answer: (with much enthusiasm) "I awfully do!"
He also uses this word randomly. I just heard him say to Gary, "I awfully want to wear socks."

-Yesterday I asked him if he wanted to go play trains, and his jubilant answer was, "Hooray! I'm so excited! It makes me so happy to play trains!" There are lots of things in his little life that make him "so happy". I guess that's a good thing!

-Luke is all about putting "ed" on every past tense verb (what we professionals call the regularization of verbs . . . impress people at your next party with that one!) He has been known to say things like, "I hitted the table." He even puts the "ed" on verbs that already have it. For example, "I bounceded that ball!"

-"I yuv you, Mommy" remains my favorite expression. This morning he was in bed with Gary and me and he looked at us and said, "I love you guys." I'm not sure where the "you guys" came from, and I'm working on getting him to say "y'all", but it was sweet all the same.

No comments: