Wednesday, April 5, 2006

The giver

This afternoon after Luke's nap, I decided to do some scrapbooking. I keep all my stuff on the dining room table (does that tell you how much we actually use it to eat?), and Luke likes to come sit with me and color or put stickers in a notebook. He brought his crayons in and the box was so full he had a hard time getting it on the table. He said we needed to get a bigger box, and I told him we just needed to get rid of some of the old crayons. Imediately he started to separate them, and then he told me he wanted to give the old crayons to children who didn't have any. My heart just melted when he said that, and so I told him we would. When we got up from the table, he asked me to carry some of the crayons he picked out. I asked if he wanted to throw them away, and he again said, "No, Mommy, these are for other children." What a sweet boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet little guy.

Anonymous said...

I just caught the literary allusion!