Sunday, April 2, 2006

All aboard!



Yesterday we headed down to Grapevine for a Day Out with Thomas. This event was made for Luke Chumley! As soon as we got there, Luke started saying, "I'm so excited! I'm really excited!" We got to see Sir Topham Hatt, but Luke was content just to wave at him and didn't want to take a picture with him. Then we got on a real train with Thomas as the engine. There was even a conductor who greeted us with, "All aboard!" We sat in a window seat so we could see outside, and Luke was absolutely in heaven. He loved just sitting and watching the scenery pass by. We also got to take a few pictures with Thomas after the train ride.


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Erin, I'm a friend of a friend of Ellen's so I often check Ellen's blog and subsequently check yours too! I saw this post about Thomas the Train and was wondering where that is! My sister's little boy loves Thomas the Train, so I know he'd like to go visit sometime!

Erin said...

The Day Out with Thomas is a traveling event. The information about upcoming dates is online - I found out about it through TicketMaster, but I'm sure if you searched "Day out with Thomas" you'd find it. The tickets were a little pricey ($16 for everyone), but Luke was so excited and had such fun that it was totally worth it! Thanks for checking out my blog!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks! I found the link... and although they don't come to SC, there is one in Blowing Rock NC which is only a few hours from Columbia! We'll definitely look into it!! Too cute!