Sunday, February 21, 2010

Noah-speak

A couple of weeks ago Noah came home from school and told me his friend Nick had "hody mody" in his lunch box. I asked him what he meant, and he told me the same thing again. I tried to figure out what "hody mody" was and asked yet again. Then Noah started talking to me like I was either deaf or foreign. He said very loudly and very slowly, "NICK'S LUNCHBOX." This went on for a while, and then I just gave up. Later that evening when Nick's mom Laurie, Nick, and his brother Ethan were over for dinner, I asked Laurie what Nick had in his lunch that day. She rattled off a list of things, and Nick exclaimed, "Holy moly!" Noah heard him say that at lunch when he opened his lunch box, and he thought "holy moly" was what he was eating. We all got a good chuckle out of it and have talked about it several times. Hody mody!

2 comments:

Nana said...

What a cute blog. Interesting how children interpret things. Of course Noah though Nick had hody mody in his lunchbox. It is obvious he had never heard of holy moly. I just love your blogs and am so delighted you have returned. Hugs to all.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for all of the new posts! I am just shocked, SHOCKED! at Gary's less than enthused take on Valentine's Day. And this wrestling you speak of? What is that? It never happens at our house. Ever.