Thursday, February 5, 2009

Making progress

I know you're not supposed to compare your children to each other, but it's really hard not to, especially when the first one was above average at everything. At this age Luke was talking in 4-5 word sentences. Noah still just says one word at a time. Sometimes it's the same word over and over (and over and over), and sometimes he'll randomly say an assortment of words in close proximity to each other, but not in a sentence. For example, on any given day in my house you might hear, "pee-pee . . . pee-pee . . . pee-pee" (you get the idea) or something like, "Mimi . . . . . . shoe . . . . . puppy . . . . . .shash (trash) . . . . . Wo-wa (Noah)". So, to hear Noah put any two words together has been music to my ears.

About a week ago he was leaving with Gary to run some errands and on the way out the door he said clear as a bell, "Bye, Mommy." I was thrilled! He now says, "Bye, Mommy" (or Daddy, or Bubba) on a regular basis and has also added, "Hi, Mommy" (or Daddy or Bubba) as well. This afternoon when I finally let him have his pacie before naptime, he grabbed it and said, "My fafy (pacie)". It' s such a two-year-old thing to say, but it's still amazing for me to hear!

1 comment:

Nana said...

One day you'll say "I wish he'd stop talking." Obviously he doesn't need to talk in sentences as you probably understand his needs with one word. Hugs.