Sunday, September 2, 2007

Catching up with Luke

Up until last December, my blog was mostly about Luke. Since Noah's been around, I've focused more on him, simply because he changes every day and I like to keep the few people who read my blog up-to-date. Because I haven't written much about Luke lately, I thought I'd share some of what's going on with him.

-He is all about Spiderman and superheroes in general. He keeps telling me that he's going to be a superhero when he grows up. He's always making plans about how he'll fight any bad guys that happen to attack him.

-His other new love is Webkinz. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with this new fad, let me briefly explain. First you have to buy a stuffed animal, and then using the registration code that comes with it, you adopt it on-line. You can then play games, answer questions, and get a "job" (all on-line) to earn Kinzcash to buy stuff for your pet. Luke would be on Webkinz World from the moment he gets up till he goes to bed if I let him. When we bought his Webkinz (a gorilla he named Gary after his Daddy), we also bought yet another stuffed dog. He named this dog "Webkin" which makes things a little confusing around here. Webkin has become his favorite stuffed animal, following in the footsteps of many now discarded favorites. He has made numerous things for Webkin, including a house, a scooter, a suitcase, and an igloo. He takes her everywhere we go, and he wants me to take and print some pictures of her so he can make frames for them. He's such a boy when it comes to playing; he wants to play-fight and turns everything into some kind of "shooter", but he still has such a soft, tender side that warms my heart.
-Speaking of Luke's soft side, two nights ago he wanted to read the Bible as his bedtime book because he wanted to talk to God. Later that evening, he got out of bed to tell me that he said a prayer for Noah. He'll think of the craziest things to use as an excuse to get out of bed at night, but I truly believe he did say a prayer for Noah.

-This morning we had communion in church. Normally Luke isn't in big church with us (our church has "children's church" for kids 5 and under), but because there was a new lady working in children's church, he decided to come with me instead. We take communion by intinction - everyone is given a piece of bread and dips it into a cup of grape juice. Luke has only had communion one other time, so I wasn't sure what to expect. After eating his bread, he exclaimed quite loudly, "That was GOOD!" About four rows of people got a good chuckle out of his comment. I decided that it was time to leave at that point, so we quickly made our way out.

You never know what a day with a four-year-old might bring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a precious blog. I love hearing about the things Luke says and does. What a sweet little boy. Can't wait to see him and Noah and you two, of course. Thanks for your special blogs.