Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thanksgiving feast


Today was the Thanksgiving feast at Luke's school. His class plus two others ate the "feast" together which consisted of a piece of turkey, cheese, fruit, corn, a roll, and juice. One class made pilgrim hats, and two others, including Luke's made Indian headdresses. I thought to myself on the way there that if Luke actually walked in wearing his "Indian hat" as he called it, I'd fall out of my chair. Sure enough, he was the ONLY child out of almost 30 who had no hat of any kind on his head. My child doesn't disapoint! His teachers & I laughed about it, because they know him well enough to know that's not unusual. He told them this morning that he wasn't going to wear it, and once he's made up his mind about something like that, there's no changing it. He did love the lunch and ate all of it, including an extra roll. One of the moms made turkeys out of cookies and candy corn, and that was by far the class's favorite thing to eat.
What a good tukey!

Chowing down at the feast!


All the Turtles, including their beloved teachers Ms. Cindy & Ms. Kristen.

No comments: