Saturday, November 11, 2006

Reminiscing

While last week was crazy & hectic at times, we really enjoyed being in Columbia again. Here are a few of my favorite moments:

-Seeing my family all at once. I love watching Luke play with his cousins.
-Catching up with a few of my teaching buddies from Dreher. I wish my good friend Liz could have come, but it was great to see Ellen, Francie, Julie, Jessica, Erik, Carol, & Jenny.
-Catching up with old friends. I love all my friends out here, but it's nice to be with people who have known you for what seems like forever.
-Seeing the sheer pleasure on Luke's face when he saw Cocky.
-Fun outings with Luke & Gary to the Zoo & EdVenture.
-Going to two Carolina games, even though we lost. Tailgating is fun, even at 8 months pregnant!
-Having our friend Kyle come out to spend the first weekend with us. He's an OU fan, but a football fan in general, and he came to the Tennessee game. He didn't bring us any luck, but it was fun to have a little piece of Texas in South Carolina.
-South Carolina style BBQ!
-Spending time with all of Luke's cousins - Lauren, Grayson, Brittany, Katie, Hannah, Benjamin, & Ethan.

We were certainly glad to get back home and get in our routine, but the week was filled with many great memories. See you in June, Columbia!

One last picture - Luke's Uncle Greg is a sheriff's deputy and brought this hat to Luke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is that even though I live in Columbia, I really only see Francie and Carol on a regular basis. I do see Brent some since they joined our church. It was really fun to see everyone. Maybe next time you're in town we can do something again so we can all meet Baby Chumley 2.