Friday, November 4, 2005

Happy Halloween!

What a fun Halloween we had this year! Luke's favorite stuffed animal is his monkey, Cheeky Charlie. As soon as I saw this costume, I knew that's what I wanted him to dress up as for Halloween. Besides, I figured this is the last year I'll be able to pick his costume for him. Next year I'm sure he'll want to go as something much more boyish . . . Darth Vadar, a ninja, or something else that carries a weapon. The only weapon he toted this year was a stuffed banana.

I talked to him about trick-or-treating for several days before Halloween so he'd know what to expect. We practiced saying "trick-or-treat", and he was pretty excited at the prospect of getting a lot of free candy. He still didn't quite get the concept, though. At the first house, he wanted to go inside. After all, that's what you usually do when someone answers the door! He picked up on what the night is all about pretty quickly, and by the end of the evening, he was saying "trick-or-treat" with gusto. We were out for over an hour and were all pooped by the time we got back home. Until Monday, Luke had only had a few types of candy; trick-or-treating has opened up a whole new world to him. Since I passed my sweet tooth on to him, I'm sure he'll be anxiously awaiting Halloween for years to come.


No comments: