Thursday, November 3, 2005

First day of school



Our church has a wonderful pre-school called Sunshine Kids, and Luke is one of the members of the Sunshine Kids class of 2008. Gary & I made the decision several months ago to enroll him in pre-school, but as September drew closer and closer, I started to get more and more nervous. I really thought he'd do well, but I still felt anxious about sending my baby away twice a week. However, after the first day I knew we had made the right decision. He absolutely loves school! He attends school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-2:00, and they really pack a lot into those five hours . . . story time, snack, music class on Tuesdays and chapel on Thursdays, recess, lunch, and finally a nap. Luke loves to tell everyone about Miss Cindy and Miss Kristen and his friends Landon, Grant, and Kate. He has already learned so much, and I'm thrilled that he enjoys it as much as he does.

I really enjoy Tuedays and Thursdays now, too. I run errands and schedule every appointment in the world for Tuesdays, and I have a women's Bible study at church on Thursdays. When I'm not running around (or updating this blog!), sometimes I just sit in my house and enjoy the feeling of not having to do a single thing at that moment. Being away from Luke for a few hours each week has made me a better mother; I miss him when he's at school, and I look forward to picking him up and talking about his day. Hooray for Sunshine Kids!

No comments: