Thursday, October 9, 2008

Talk the talk

Noah's vocabulary is once again on the rise. After several months with very few new words, he has suddenly started saying (or attempting to say) some new words. I've translated them from Noah to English so you'll all understand:

-"ba-pa" = backpack
-"bum-bu-bu" or "bum-bu-bu-bu" = bumblebee
-"na-na-na" = lemondae

OK, so it's not that impressive, and you really have to spend all day with him like I do to be able to make sense out of his utterings, but it's progress.

One other note about Noah - he is a candy fiend just like his brother and me. I have a Halloween candy jar with candy corns in it. I personally could eat candy corns till I vomit, so I'm in the jar on and off throughout the day. If it's not an appropriate time to eat candy or I think Noah's had enough, I have to take the top off the jar very, very quietly, because if he even thinks he hears me opening the jar, he'll run out and point to it so he can get his fair share. As Gary once said about Noah, "That boy definitely came out of your body."

2 comments:

Nana said...

Not only does he take after his Mommy as to being a candy fiend, but his Nana isn't far behind. We all know a good thing, don't we? Love his new words. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS get caught with my hand in the candy jar. Even when they're not even in the same room. Hooray for new words!

Also, I finally met Heather! We had walk to school day last week and I got toe spend a couple of minutes chatting with her. I am glad to get to know at least one other parent from Drew's class!