Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Girlfriends

I rarely post anything that doesn't directly involve my boys, so I thought I'd share a little of the non-Mommy side of my life. My women's Bible study group is selling t-shirts to raise money to help furnish the new building at our church. I have no experience selling anything, so I had no expectations for how many t-shirts we would sell. So far we've sold over 80 shirts and have made $1000 for our church! I have to admit that they're really cute; turquoise & brown is such a popular color combination, and I think that's why so many have sold. I have to say a big "Thanks!" to my friend Sandra who took my sad little design and turned it into something this adorable.

I know that this idea as well as the implementation of the idea was God's doing because there's no way I could have done this on my own. I hope we have brought glory to him and that the donation of TV's/DVD players for two of the rooms in the new building will allow others to learn more about our gracious, loving God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin! I totally forgot to email you back about these! My brain is mush. They are so cute and I am so proud of you. I KNOW that God is glorified in your stepping outside your comfort zone and trusting the idea He gave you.

Nana said...

What cute shirts. And how smart of you to help design them. I am so proud of your commitment to God's work. You should receive a gold star in your heavenly crown!