Sunday, August 20, 2006

The world according to Luke

Here are a few more funny things my child does and says . . .

-Time is a variable. Something that happened this morning could have happened, according to Luke, earlier, yesterday, last night, last year, or possibly last summer. He just knows it happened sometime before this very minute.
-He has started to call Gary & me "Mom" and "Dad". It's the rare occasion when he calls us "Mommy" or "Daddy". He's 3 going on 18.
-He always calls his thumb his "thumbkin".
-Many of his sentences begin with, "Listen to me," as in, "Listen to me, Mom. I do want to watch TV right now." He's awfully bossy!
-Any time he sleeps, whether it's in the middle of the day or at night, he considers it a nap. We count down the days till we're going to do something by how many naps he has to take. For example, there are 3 more naps till Daddy comes back this week.

I have said several times in the past few weeks that whoever coined the phrase "terrible twos" obviously never had a three-year-old boy. Despite that sentiment, Luke still makes me laugh every day (although I'm glad school starts next week!)

No comments: